About Me

My photo
I am 38 and live with my husband and 2 little dogs called Tessa and Toby. We married in May 2010. I work as a care manager however have finally finished my 4 year social work degree and as long as I have passed I hope not to do any more study for quite a while lol....

Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Little Drummer boy...

The challenge over at Mo's Digital Pencil is inspired by a song.  As soon as I saw this I thought of this image and 'Little Drummer Boy'.  Then I scrolled down and saw that one of the DT members, Pat had already used it and done an amazing card.  So I ummed and ahhhed and thought that perhaps she wouldnt mind if I used the same song and the same image as my card was never going to be as good as hers.  So I hope I was right........
I coloured the image with copics and stitched the background as the paper seemed to lend itself to that (been in my stash for ages and not known what to do with it!!! The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I took the centres out, used distress ink on them and added some brads...
The swirl is a Marianne die and the sentiment is from Lili of the valley.






I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Mos Digital Challenge - Inspired by a song (Little Drummer Boy)
Wild Orchid Challenge - Christmas Fun

17 comments:

Claire said...

What a lovely card, great image and lovely colouring. Hugs, Claire x

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous Catherine,love the image.xxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is wonderful.. what a deightful little image and coloured beautifully
Lisa x

Cathy said...

This is beautiful. Love the colors and your coloring is wonderful on this awesome image which happens to be one of my favorite Mo Christmas images. Your stitching is wonderful and love the brads in the center of the flowers. Thanks for playing the Mo's Challenge this week!!!

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card Catherine!
Helen x

Elaine L. said...

Wonderful card! I love the stitching and the way you've placed the pearls on the swirls. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

CraftyC said...

I love your card Catherine and the vintage feel you have created. You have a lovely blog!
Clairexx

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Catherine, love the image and your BP looks fabulous. Carol x

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous hun....love the image and fabulous colours too sweetie...

big hugs Vicky xx

Pat said...

Oh Catherine...ya know what I say? Great minds think alike, sweetheart! Looks like we had a fabulous mind meld this week! hehehe! I love your card, darlin'...LOVE it!! I am always so envious when I see such gorgeous stitching...maybe someday I'll figure out how to work my machine! LOL!! Your coloring is stunning...and I LOVE the patchwork design! I am sooo tickled that you've joined us this week at Mo's...big hugs, sugah! Pat Frank

CraftyLoops said...

Awww this is a beautiful card Catherine, such a lovely image. Lee x

Marion said...

Hi Catherine,
A beautiful card and the image is coloured wonderfully.
Great papers and detail.
hugs
Marion

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card Catherine, beautiful colours and sweet adorable image.
luv
Debby

sue said...

gorgous card sue xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So pretty, love the colour tones you have used and the vintage feel
Lindsay xx

coops said...

stunning card catherine.i love the image and your colours and design are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Stampin Mindy said...

Super cute, I love the stamp!
Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts.

Hugs, Mindy

About Me

My photo
I am 38 and live with my husband and 2 little dogs called Tessa and Toby. We married in May 2010. I work as a care manager however have finally finished my 4 year social work degree and as long as I have passed I hope not to do any more study for quite a while lol....