About Me

My photo
I am 38 and live with my husband and 2 little dogs called Tessa and Toby. We married in May 2010. I work as a care manager however have finally finished my 4 year social work degree and as long as I have passed I hope not to do any more study for quite a while lol....

Saturday 28 January 2012

First attempt at colouring dark skin

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a fab weekend.
This is my first attempt at colouring darker skin and I hope it is ok.
It was made for someone leaving at work so I hope they like it....

The card is made using the fab Alice from Saturated Canary.
I have coloured her with copics and used stitching.  The heart doily is from ebay.  The ribbons are from my stash.  The rosettes are a Tim Holtz Sizzix die.





I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Fussy and Fancy Challenge - Polka Dots
Stamping with the Dragon - Anything Goes

18 comments:

Vicky said...

Wonderful hun...beautiful colouring and great layout too...

have a lovely evening..hugs Vicky xx

CraftyC said...

Hi Catherine, this is gorgeous and I love how you've coloured her skin. A beautiful card!
Clairex

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Catherine. This is so beautiful and your colouring is fabulous. Happy crafting. Love Sandra xxx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card hun, I think you have done a fab job on the skin colour. Hugs, Claire x

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card and the skin tone looks fantastic x Susan x

Unknown said...

Hi Catherine, love the colouring - she looks great with darker skin tones.

Love your overall colour combo as well - the blacks with pink works wonderfully.

Sarah

PS - Are you entering it into the Saturated Canary Challenge blog? The theme this fortnight is punches/dies and I see you've used a die.

Becky said...

Fab card, your colouring is lovely.
Becky x

Linda said...

Your card is beautiful, love the colour combination and your papers are delish.Darling little image.The skin looks great!! Love it!! Hugs, Linda

catherine said...

I think you have done a great job with this card Catherine and love the rossettes. hope you have a nice weekend
x catherine

coops said...

so gorgeous catherine.your colours and details are beautiful and i love the sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Your colouring looks fab and gorgeous embellies too!
Helen x

Jules said...

Hi Catherine

A great card.

Loving your image and your great layout. So many lovely elements!!

Fabby stitching too.

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

cotnob said...

Great card Catherine, love the rosettes.
Pauline
x

Heather Huggins said...

Great job!! Maybe you can share the colors with me? I'm starting a skin tone series on my blog.
heathershobbihaven.blogspot.com
I always use the same colors..

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, love your colours hugs Pops x

Céline said...

fab card, congratulations on your first time black skin !
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
hugs
céline dt member

Love crafts forever said...

Love your flowers. Thanks for playing at Stampin with the Dragon.
Hugs Nataliya

Buladi said...

Beautiful card and adorable design with layout.Flowers and image is fabulous and your coloring is fantastic.

Plastic Card
Plastic Card Printing

About Me

My photo
I am 38 and live with my husband and 2 little dogs called Tessa and Toby. We married in May 2010. I work as a care manager however have finally finished my 4 year social work degree and as long as I have passed I hope not to do any more study for quite a while lol....